This flavorful spinach artichoke & mascarpone dip is the perfect appetizer for happy hour, a family gathering, and tailgating. My favorite way to serve this dip is with homemade crostini or tortilla chips.
· 4 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
· 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
· ½ Onion, small dice
· (1) 14 oz. Can Artichoke Hearts, Drained and medium diced
· 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
· 1/3 Pecorino Romano cheese, Grated
· 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
· 1 (8 oz.) Mascarpone Cheese
· 1/3 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
· ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
· 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
· ½ Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
· Juice of 1 Lemon
· 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter, small dice
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large sauté pan, add two tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add the chopped spinach and garlic and cook until lightly wilted, about 1-2 minutes. (Make sure not to overcook the spinach, you want it to be barely wilted).
3. Transfer spinach mixture to a medium size mixing bowl. While spinach mixture is still warm, add in the artichokes, shredded mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, Greek yogurt, mascarpone, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
4.Transfer filling to an oven proof baking dish and top with diced butter and the remaining two tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake until cheese has melted and is lightly golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve warm with tortilla chips or thinly sliced bread.