Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Yield: 8 cups
3 Cups Old Fashion Oats
3 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Sliced or Whole Almonds
1/2 Cup Walnuts
½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
½ Cup Cashews
¼ Cup Chia Seeds
¼ Cup Flax Seeds
¼ Cup Sesame Seeds
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
¾ Cup Good Quality Honey
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Dried Cranberries or dried fruit of your choice (Add after you take granola out of the oven)
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (except for dried fruit…you will add that at the very end). Set aside.
3. In a saucepan, over medium low, heat coconut oil, honey & vanilla until completely melted. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet. (You may need to use two cookie sheets).
4. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Check granola every 15-20 minutes and scrape pan with a spatula to ensure even coloring.
5. After you take the granola out of the oven, add in the dried fruit.
6. Let cool for at least 30 minutes.
· Do not add your dried fruit until AFTER granola comes out of the oven.
· Add whatever kind of dried fruit you like! I love adding a mixture of dried fruit, such as: apricots, figs, dates and cherries.
· Store in airtight container in freezer for up to 2 months.
· Yogurt and granola parfaits with fresh fruit.