Patriotic Pizza Tart
Yield: 1 Large Tart
•1 puff pastry (found in freezer)
•2 Tablespoons Flour (for rolling out)
•1 Pint Mascarpone Cheese
•1 Log of Mozzarella Cheese
•1 Pack of Sliced Pepperoni or Salami
•6-7 Fresh Roma tomatoes, cut in thin slices
•1 Cup of Kalamata olives, sliced in half
· Roll any extra puff pastry dough and use a small star-shaped cookie cutter. Place the stars over the kalamata olives.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Let puff pastry sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick spray and set aside. Lightly dust a wooden cutting board with flour and roll out to the same size of the sheet pan with a rolling pin. Leaving about a 1-inch excess of dough around the edges of the pan. Cutting off any excess dough with a paring knife.
4. Prick all over puff pastry with a fork.
5. Spread the mascarpone all over the bottom of dough.
6. Next, place the sliced olives in the top left corner of the tart.
7. Arrange toppings over top in a flag pattern. Layer in the exact order, tomatoes, mozzarella, pepperoni and repeat.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp edges.
· Fresh basil, chiffonade