Updated: Apr 20
These beautiful Quail from Texas Quail Farms are locally-sourced, all-natural, and sustainable! This recipe can be used to make quail legs or breasts, whatever your preference. Enjoy this perfect summertime appetizer outside paired with your favorite beverage!
1 Pound of Quail legs, cleaned
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Pomegranate Molasses (I prefer Cortas brand)
Zest and Juice of 1 orange (I used a blood orange in this recipe)
3-4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1.5 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1. Rinse the quail legs with water and use a few paper towels to blot dry.
2. In a glass bowl, microwave the honey and pomegranate molasses for 20-30 seconds, stir to combine.
3. Add the olive oil, zest and orange juice, garlic, salt and pepper to the honey and pomegranate molasses mixture. Mix well.
4. In a medium size bowl, add the marinade mixture to the quail legs and let marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
5. Preheat the outdoor grill on medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
6. Place quail legs onto the grill skin side down. Grill both sides of quail legs for 7-8 minutes.
7. Remove and serve. Drizzle with honey before serving!