Serve with crostini or fresh crudité! Fun and festive appetizer that is perfect for holiday entertaining.
Photography: Leah Walker Wilson
1 (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, Softened
½ Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Aged White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
½ Cup Pecorino Romano
½ Cup Crispy Bacon, Chopped
1/3 Cup Green Onions, Finely Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Tablespoon Prepared Horseradish
2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
1 Pumpkin Stem (Optional)
½ Cup Everything Seasoning (For rolling)
¼ Cup Dried Minced Onion
¼ Cup Dried Minced Garlic
¼ Cup White Sesame Seeds, Lightly Toasted
¼ Cup Black Sesame Seeds
2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
4 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
1. In a food processor, combine the garlic, green onions and bacon. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Next, add the cream cheese, sour cream, aged white cheddar, horseradish, Worcestershire salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined. Form the mixture into a round ball and set aside.
3. On a sheet pan lined with plastic wrap, place the cheeseball in the middle of the plastic wrap. Pull the plastic wrap tightly over the cheeseball and use string or baker’s twine to tie a knot.
4. Chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour or the fridge for 2-3 hours.
5. When ready to serve, unwrap the plastic wrap and roll the cheeseball in ½ cup of the Everything Seasoning. Make sure to get all sides of the cheeseball evenly.
6. Place the pumpkin stem on the top of the cheeseball.
7. Last, use a butter knife to run through 4 sides of the cheeseball.