Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Granola
This recipe is based off my Simple and Sweet Granola recipe. I created this recipe to try and mimic the chocolate and sea salt granola by Purely Elizabeth (I used to go through a bag a week of this stuff before I created my own recipe!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 1 hr
3 Cups Old Fashion Oats
3 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Sliced or Whole Almonds
½ Cup Sunflower Seeds
½ Cup Cashews
¼ Cup Chia Seeds
¼ Cup Flax Seeds
¼ Cup Sesame Seeds
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
¾ Cup Good Quality Honey
1 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
1 ½ Teaspoons Sea Salt
1/3 Cup Good Quality Cocoa Powder, (my favorite brand to use is Rodelle)
1, 3 oz. Bar of Good Quality Dark Chocolate, chopped and cut into small pieces (I use dark chocolate of 70% or more)
Maldon Sea Salt, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients (except for the chopped chocolate). Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, over medium low heat, warm the coconut oil, honey & vanilla until completely melted.
4. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread mixture evenly onto two baking sheets. (This recipe makes a lot of granola so you definitely want to divide this mixture onto two baking sheets to ensure granola gets baked evenly.)
5. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Check granola every 15-20 minutes and scrape pan with a spatula to ensure even coloring.
6. After you take the granola out of the oven, add in the chopped dark chocolate.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes.
· Do not add the chocolate pieces until AFTER the granola comes out of the oven. (You want to add the chocolate while the granola is still hot so the chocolate will melt).
· Store in airtight container in freezer for up to 2 months.
· Stores well in a mason jar and makes for a great homemade gift!